The Total Solar Eclipse is quickly approaching! The events for the eclipse will begin on Saturday, August 19, 2017 at 11:00am and last until Monday, August 21, 2017 at 3:00pm
If you are interested in being a part of the entertainment for the Total Solar Eclipse weekend, please email us at email@example.com. Your email should include a link to your music, live performances, and your groups Facebook page.
If you are interested in vending at the Carbondale Eclipse Marketplace, please complete the Vendor Application linked below and return it to us. The deadline to apply is April 30, 2017.
For more information on the Eclipse in Carbondale visit www.carbondaleeclipse.com
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Carbondale Eclipse Marketplace.
1. What are the hours for vendors? Vendors can sell as late as they would like and open as early as they would like, however, you will need to provide your own lighting which may require you to purchase electricity ($125/day for 20amp). Live Entertainment and the beer tent will have set hours of 11am -8pm.
2. Does a vendor have to rent a tent/table/chairs/electricity? These items are all optional if you have a tent bring it if you rather use your generator you may. If you need water you will need to pay for it ($25/day).
3. How do I know my daily fee? Your vendor spot is based upon anticipated daily sales. For example, if you are selling bottled water for $1 each. Do you anticipate to sell 900 water’s on Saturday and Sunday day? Then your daily fee is $100 for those days. On Monday you might want to close early and only sell 190 water bottles then your fee is $50 for that day. In total, your vendor fee would be $250. This is highly base on your own inventory.
4. Do I need insurance now? You will need insurance before the event, not necessarily now. Keep in mind you can get insurance for just this weekend (August 19-21).
5. I am a well-known vendor in Carbondale, do I need to write a paragraph about my business? Yes, we need your business logo (if one exist), a photo/video, bio, inventory list with photos. You will be promoted on social media and other offerings for being a vendor. You tell your story best and some people on the committee might not be aware of you and your offerings.
6. What is the fee for not-for-profits?
Vendor fee is based upon sales. If you are just an info table your fee is still $50. This is a fundraiser for Carbondale Tourism who is also a not-for-profit providing free entertainment for this event at First Mid-Illinois Bank.
7. Where can I find an application?
Please visit http://www.carbondaleeclipse.com/get-involved/
You will find the application, tax form, food service permit, and food service guidelines.
Remember the deadline to apply is Sunday, April 30, 2017.
You may fax to Carbondale Tourism at 618-529-5590, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to 126 S Illinois Ave, Carbondale, IL 62901.
A regional Southern Illinois Eclipse website is currently under construction. The committee working on this new regional website is comprised of Southern Illinois CVB’s and area economic development organizations. It is expected to be unveiled in November of 2016.
The committee includes Carbondale Tourism, Williamson County Tourism, Southernmost Illinois Tourism, Illinoi South, Southernmost Illinois Delta Empowerment Zone, Rend Lake Area Tourism Council and Franklin County Regional Economic Development Corp.
If you would like to have your business, lodging facility, restaurant or event listed on this site, please sign up for your business account here.* This is a complimentary resource for businesses to gain exposure regionally and allow for their eclipse plans to be known. You will need descriptions and photographs to make your listing as effective as possible.
The 2017 total solar eclipse will take place on Monday, August 21st, 2017.
This new website project is sponsored by USDA Rural Development to promote Southern Illinois businesses, events, and attractions with the purpose of taking maximum advantage of this event opportunity.
*Troubles? Carbondale Tourism is holding an event on November 17 between 9am-12noon sponsored by the Carbondale Public Library to help educate businesses about the regional website and how to get their business established on the site.
The 26th Annual Lights Fantastic Parade is quickly approaching! The Lights Fantastic Parade will be on Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 6:00pm
If you are interested in entering a float for the Lights Fantastic Parade, please complete the Registration Form linked below and return it to us.
If you are interested in vending at the 26th Annual Lights Fantastic Parade, please complete the Vendor Application linked below and return it to us.